Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Chapter 1-Fish ,Vodka ,wind drums and Me in the end

Then I slowly opened my eyes.The sounds of an distant wind reached my ears,wiping out the beats i heard till now.The wind seemed angry,it cursed at the trees,the bushes and even at the lake.And a few moments ago it seemed like those animal skin drum ,beat in a tune.Sigh.A lot can change in few minutes,one patchTom got his name in a moment then again that big nosed punk got 2 patched.Hehe.One patch Tom,he and his pink patch,his gold chains and satin suit.That man spent it all well.And spent it fine on vodka.What did he say A lil vodka can save anyone kid.

My eyes started to hurt again,i slowly closed them and dropped my head all the way till the cold slab touched my neck.It seemed to lighten bumps a little.SO yeah where was I?Vodka and One patch.I met 'Thomas Baker' one afternoon on the willow street.It was those days where i used to do my little pea-and-3 cup act at the docks.Mr.militarycut,t shirt and boots seemed like any other excited bloke me and Fish like to find at docks.We started the usual routine ,me the performer and Fish the college kid with his books ,just stopping for a glance.As the 2 rounds proceeded and MrT and Boots seemed excited enough we made our move.How was me to know just like the sweet college kid was a junkie,Mr.Thomas was The Man on Willow corners.

I shifted my feet a little,the small pea sized pebbles in my shoe are giving a bitch of a fight to stay stuck.Damn it.Few rolled into the cuts.I went possum as i heard the footboard creak.Then it hit me.Possum?Whats that gonna do know Kid?The foot steps stopped.Great.Just what i needed,a fright night,friggin halloween in here.If Fish were here he would have said something smart,he did that at times ,when he wasn't doind something stupid.Never have aspirina nd vodka,they really dont cure your head ache and proceed to get you high.Thats what Fish said.He also said Read a book ,read this book.He pick one from the Irish smely hawker and thrust at me one time.And just like spent all our weekday booze money.Fish was crazy that way ,all other times he was just high.,Not many got that,they called him stupid when he was high and when he wasn't they called him high..people are funny that way.I moved my hands to turn ot the right,slowly opened my eyes.The wind was having fun with dried grass,few leaves and a lot of dumb dry dirt.And apparently some old soiled newspaper.Fish would have wanted to read that too..Me ...

I just wanted Vodka.

To Be Continued..

No comments: